Take that one next step
“We wanted to achieve new business objectives and to do so, we needed a special bottle that would represent our brand. Together with Hrastnik1860, we succeeded.“
Management of ADOL
Story of helmet
You don’t even have to visit a museum or see a statue in Albania to come across an image of the helmet of Gjergj Kastrioti, Albania’s national hero, usually known as Skanderbeg.
Skanderbeg (Lord Alexander) lived from 1405 to 1468, a time when the Ottomans occupied the lands that are now modern-day Albania. He was an outstanding military leader.
Skanderbeg’s helmet has the shape of the Albanian hat “Plisa” and it’s made of white metal, adorned with a strip dressed in gold. On its top lies a goat’s head, which, together with the eagle and the Plisa, represents one of the oldest Albanian symbols. The bottom part bears a copper strip adorned with a monogram separated by rosettes * IN * PE * RA * TO * RE * BT
When the ADOL management decided to go ahead with the redesign and invest effort into making a new bottle, to get something visible and new, the objective was to make the bottle connected with the heritage of the drink manufacturer and have the ability to stand out. So, we have this remarkable object and a dream of an exceptional bottle, what better way than to use all this history and greatness to make a custom bottle in the shape of a helmet.
- The very unusual helmet shape of the bottle requires technical knowledge to ensure the beautiful appearance of the bottle.
- Technically, the biggest challenge was the very detailed engraving on the hull of the product. When drawing the technical plan of the product, development technologists consider all the technological recommendations for making a bottle on an IS machine. Very small details (less than 1mm) require knowledge for precise “blow out”, so we repaired the engraving over sampling process and came up with an aesthetically flawless piece.
- Due to the technological process of making the bottle on the IS machine, there was a possibility that the bottle would be deformed due to the opening of the tool.
- When drawing the 3D model, we had to adjust the engraving for the sake of the technological process of making the bottle. For this purpose, we adjusted the shape of the engraving on the product with the help of the analysis in the Siemens NX software package.
- In order to understand the behaviour of glass in the design of engraving details, it was required to provide optimal settings on the IS machine. For this purpose, it was necessary to overheat the tool to make the details more visible. In addition, we performed corrections on the tool with the help of state-of-the-art CNC machines, which ensure very precise processing.
- With the help of tool correction and the best experts in production, we managed to ensure a high-quality glass product.
Having a team of experts in development and production, who are willing to go above and beyond to make your dreams a reality is what you get when collaborating with Hrastnik1860.
Need help with your value creation?Start here
Take that one next step