Family friendly enterprise certificate
On World Family Day, 15th May, a full certificate was extended for a further three years. Upon the extension of the validity of the certificate, the following positive practices were highlighted:
- Children’s time bonus (first school day and information day) can be used by both parents in case they are both employed in Steklarna Hrastnik;
- Wide openness toward public and offering the possibility of visit/tour around the glass factory (e.g. for 9th grade pupils, former employees, wider public, etc.);
- Exemplary manner of managing documentation on using measures of FFE;
- Numerous educative topics for managers in the field of soft content;
- Inclusion into Competence Centre of the Future factory and Competence centre design management (educations for wider team);
- Extensive use of the measure Leisure time offer;
- Benefits for employees concluded with nine different providers;
- Encouraging reading culture in employees and children (books are additional presents from Father Christmas).
Since 2011, Steklarna Hrastnik has implemented activities based on the Family Friendly Enterprise Certificate. The certificate has a special place in the company. “We are convinced that by implementing the presented measures we influence motivation, productivity, and satisfaction of our employees, as well as we contribute to easier coordination of professional and personal life,” said Ivan Papič, human resource and general field director in Steklarna Hrastnik.
Upon extension of the certificate, Steklarna Hrastnik was one of the twelve companies that also received acknowledgment for spreading the culture of family friendly enterprise.